Monday, May 26, 2008

The beautiful things you find on the net

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a great weekend. The Internet is an amazing tool. To be able to share my thoughts with people I have never met face-to-face, from all parts of the globe is truly a gift. It also allows me to see what others are writing and thinking out there, and I am thankful for that because I have come across some real gems. Firstly thanks to Shannon for the link. It was so great to get another persons perspective on mental health and happiness, and it will help me in my writing - the more knowledge you have the better your frame of reference, which all leads to better writing.

I have realised that most of this blog has been one-way traffic, the nature of blogging I guess. But I just want to share a poem that I came across as part of my research. I find it astoundingly beautiful and insightful, I have asked the author for permission to put it on my blog and she has graciously said yes. When I read it, I think of a young Captain Angus.

If anyone has anything they would like to share with me on the nature of love and happiness which inspires or causes us to think, feel free to pass it on. So without further ado, here is the poem

To a Soulmate - By Zephyr

If I tell you my story and explain who I am, would you listen and love me as me?
If I paint you a picture to explain how I feel,
would you open your eyes to see?
If I sang you a song about what makes me laugh,
would you hum to the tune everyday?
If I wrote you a poem about what makes me sad,
would you kiss all my sadness away?

******
If you ever felt down when you were alone,
if your face was missing its smile,
If a voice in your head, told you what id have said,
would that sad moment to you be worthwhile?
If I waited till you were asleep late at night to whisper my feelings for you,
Would those words stay stored so deep in your heart that no other words could get through?

******
Do you know how complete you could make me feel,
just by saying you understand?
When these thoughts in my head don’t make any sense,
but you’ll still reach out and take my hand.
Or In a crowded room as you catch my eye,
at that moment my heart skips a beat,
Would you turn round to see,
no-one else there but me... and feel that your life was complete?

******
What if one night I was miles away,
blank expression, away in a dream…
Would you wonder what I was thinking about and play out your own little scene?
Do you miss that feeling when you’re so full of hope,
looking forward to what lies ahead?
Do you miss lazy Sunday mornings, just cuddling up in bed?

******
There are wonderful places I’ve seen in my dreams,
where the stars are like jewels in the skies Faraway places that exist just for me,
that I’ll see when I look in your eyes.
Will you be thankful for all that we get to share,
the giggles, tears, smiles and laughs?
And when we’re apart and miss each other,
the late night texts and photographs?

******

There’s a saying which states that when we are born,
our hearts are divided in two,
One half goes to your soul mate,
and the other half stays with you.
We spend our lives searching till one day we meet,
so our hearts can then reunite,
So keep searching for me,
as I will for you,
so we can find our wings and take flight.

To see more of Zephyr's work - go to http://www.writers-network.com/index.cgi?m=1&view=48423

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

Your blog is great - I can't wait to read your book - so different to the others. I think that you have truly evolved in your writing & I'm so very proud of you :-) - I can see bits of you in the characters, but that's part of writing, now isn't it? I guess your blog readers are all investing an emotional connection to Raymond - be kind to him. :-). How exciting to follow your journey with you. If there is room for a 'Julie' character, I would be thrilled!

So seriously, have you planned the course of Raymond's pathway or are you developping this as you go? I can see him sitting on your beach & staring out to the bay, thinking too much & overanalysing whlst living his life less.

Although not at all related to your blog, here's a link to the blog I was telling you about: the adventures of this guy Steve I met on a ferry in Croatia - I found it fascinating & saw a lot more to some random guy I'd spent a few hours with as the sun set over the sea - he actually experienced places & really got to know the people & places he visited, making my travelling exploits seem rather superficial - anyway, thought I'd send the link anyway:

http://worldbysteve.blogspot.com/

I look forward to seeing how the story progresses.

love Jules xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

You may know of it already since you like "The Alchemist" but I thought I'd suggest a book for you also by Coehelo called "Brida". It explores the nature and definition of the term soul-mate and has a very different take on it from what the reader might expect. I'm not sure how helpful it may be in the context of your story but gives you something to think about non the less.

Thanks for letting me know about your blog, it's great!

Michelle.